Women Resource Center Coordinator, YWCA of Greater Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh, PA
Young Women’s Christian Association
JOB TITLE: Women’s Resource Center Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Homewood-Brushton Center
FLSA Classification/Job Grade: Exempt Grade: 7
Hiring Salary Range: $31,050 – $35,708.00/yr.
Maximum Salary Range: $49,991/yr.
Department: Women’s Resource Center
This position entails the outreach, education and referral of women to internal and external resources that provide opportunities for women to seek equality and self-sufficiency. Responsibilities include quality service delivery, resource and data collection, client referrals and systems navigation, reporting and communicating with YWCA staff, partner agencies and the public. This position supervises YW Women’s Resource Center (Center) volunteers as well.
Bachelor’s Degree with three (3) years relevant experience or one (1) year supervisory/management experience OR Master’s Degree with one (1) year relevant experience and one (1) year supervisory experience. Expertise in community-based program planning and service delivery, women’s studies, or social work is also preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- An understanding of currently underserved areas and the associated barriers, which prevent women from accessing resources and benefits.
- Prior experience with agencies that provide social services to culturally diverse populations preferred.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal programs and services
- Provide comprehensive support to women through linking with appropriate community based resources within the organization and with external sources, particularly community based partners that support and address the needs of women.
- Ensure that all Center resources are current and culturally sensitive.
- Develops, implements, coordinates, and promotes Center programs.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the Center.
- Develops contacts among, provide outreach services to, and develop collaborative working relationships with agencies and groups that work with women.
- Provides client navigation into the benefits system by determining qualifications for benefits, making appointments and referrals to other agencies.
- Provides when needed transportation for program participants.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports for Center.
- Demonstrate an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public.
- Assist with the preparation of reports to funders.
- Works with supervisor to develop a yearly program budget and monitor monthly budget actuals.
- Attends meetings with collaborative partners, advisory boards as needed.
- Maintains professional office decorum.
- Maintains high levels of consumer satisfaction.
- Must effectively deal with sensitive information and occurrences.
- Maintains high levels of confidentiality when working with sensitive and personal client, vendor, employee and contract information.
- Implement program evaluation framework.
- Coordinate data collection.
- Will work in conjunction with co-workers and management to achieve Affirmative Action goals.
- Displays consistent professionalism and courtesy when interacting with internal and external customers.
- Promotes and supports the mission, imperative, values and goals of the YWCA maintaining high performance standards.
- Participates in YWCA professional development opportunities successfully implementing new skills, knowledge and procedures.
- Performs other duties as directed within the scope of the YW Women’s Resource Center.
- May require travel for meetings, agency trainings and other miscellaneous work assignments within or outside of Allegheny County.
Send a cover letter and resume to YWCAPGHjobs@ywcapgh.org. For additional information regarding the YWCA please go to our web site at: www.YWCAPGH.org.
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Dewey &
Kaye Jobs Watch in your cover letter when applying for this
The Dewey & Kaye division of
ParenteBeard LLC provides strategy development, planning, financial
sustainability, facilitation, training and executive search services to help
nonprofits, foundations, community collaboratives and government agencies
address strategic, operational and administrative issues.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.