General Manager, WYEP 91.3 - Pittsburgh, PA
Submission deadline for full consideration: Monday, July 23rd, 2012
The WYEP Board of Directors seeks a General Manager with outstanding credentials in public radio or a related field who can build on the growth and success of WYEP as the station meets the new challenges and opportunities ahead.
Primary duties include:
- Growth – drive station forward in terms of listeners, members and sustaining members.
- Programming – provides leadership to all programming staff to ensure the on air content is compelling, differentiated, and engaging for the target audience.
- Oversees the station’s departmental managers, and indirectly, WYEP’s extended full and part-time staff and students.
- Provides leadership to achieve WYEP’s mission and strategic goals, and raise WYEP’s profile across the region and beyond, as well as within its industry.
- Leads the station’s relationship with the Board of Directors and community advisory board.
- Engages in all fundraising activities; particularly the cultivation of major donors and local Foundation support.
- Oversees the acquisition, implementation, maintenance and replacement of the station’s technologies, including new media.
- Represents WYEP interests with key local and national organizations and agencies, such as The Corporation for Public Broadcasting, National Public Radio, and the Federal Communications Commission.
- Ensures compliance with all FCC rules and regulations and all regulations pertaining to WYEP’s non-profit 501c3 status.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 5 to 10 years progressive experience in public radio station management, or equivalent experience.
- Proven fundraising skills including the ability to build relationships with major donors.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Financial management and budgeting experience.
WYEP is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seek diversity in the workforce.
WYEP is being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates.
For consideration, please submit a letter, resume and at least three professional references at Livingston Associates’ online application system at www.livingstonassociates.net
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates at (410) 243-1974.
Follow this link to the posting on the Livingston Associates’ website:
Learn more about WYEP at www.wyep.org
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Vantagen's Jobs Watch/Mosaic in your cover letter when applying for this
Collaborating with clients to develop human resources strategies that enable you to meet your goals.
We Share Your World.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.