Assistant Applicant Screener, THE PROGRAM for Offenders, Inc. - Pittsburgh, PA
Assistant Applicant Screener,
THE PROGRAM for Offenders, Inc. – Pittsburgh, PA
Position: Assistant Applicant Screener
Location: Pittsburgh, PA (Downtown Area)
THE PROGRAM for Offenders, Inc. (TPFO) is a nonprofit organization that provides residential alternatives to incarceration, drug and alcohol treatment, and a wide range of support services to male and female offenders in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. TPFO’s mission is to provide supportive services for offenders to give them a second chance and to give their children a first chance. The organization’s goals are to provide services that facilitate the reintegration of offenders into society while reducing the number of offenders returning to criminal behavior; to increase community awareness about the plight of offenders; and to provide programs that strengthen families and deter intergenerational crime.
This position is responsible for recruiting, screening, and coordinating the transfer of male and female applicants into the residential centers of THE PROGRAM. This person is also responsible for being a liaison between THE PROGRAM and the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas and other facets of the criminal justice system.
- Have current knowledge of criminal justice system
- Recruit applicants from the criminal justice system
- Collect necessary background data for applicants
- Interview potential applicants within the Allegheny County Jail and other correctional institutions
- Assist in the presentation of applicant information at the weekly review team meeting
- Transfer residents from the correctional institution to our residential facility
- Act as the courthouse liaison with criminal court staff
- Attend and supervise residents at court proceedings
- Maintain necessary documentation
- Attend resident escape proceedings
- Maintain daily communication other Applicant Screener staff regarding applicants and other duties
- Attend and participate in necessary meetings
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports on applicant statistics
- Perform the duties of the Applicant Screener in his/her absence
- Maintain appropriate and professional relationships within county, state and federal criminal justice systems
- Participate in professional development training that includes but is not limited to working with offenders, substance abuse, etc.
- Be available to work a flexible schedule and perform monthly on-call duties as set-forth by the Director of Corrections
Experience and Qualifications:
- An Associate’s Degree and a minimum of two years’ related experience required, a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively as a peer
- Ability to organize and coordinate managed care contracts
- Ability to obtain current Act 33 & 34 Clearances
- Ability to obtain Allegheny County Jail Clearances
Please submit a cover letter, resume, 3 professional references, and salary history (place job title in subject line) to:
or you can fax your documents to ATTN: Lisa Hoff at 412-882-1084
Review of resumes/packets will continue until the position(s) are filled.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
TPFO is an equal opportunity employer.
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Dewey &
Kaye Jobs Watch in your cover letter when applying for this
The Dewey & Kaye division of
ParenteBeard LLC provides strategy development, planning, financial
sustainability, facilitation, training and executive search services to help
nonprofits, foundations, community collaboratives and government agencies
address strategic, operational and administrative issues.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.