Marketing Coordinator (Part-Time), The Mentoring Partnership of Southwestern Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh, PA
The Mentoring Partnership of Southwestern Pennsylvania
Marketing Coordinator (Part-Time)
The Mentoring Partnership of Southwestern Pennsylvania (TMP) serves as the lead resource for mentoring in our region. We work to advance mentoring within the community and provide technical assistance and training to more than 140 local mentoring programs. Our mission is to maximize the potential for mentoring to transform the lives of young people so that they may reach their full potential.
TMP is currently seeking a part-time Marketing Coordinator to join our team. This position will work to implement a broad range of marketing activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of TMP. The goal is to advance TMP’s organizational mission with these relevant audiences, as well as to drive broader awareness of mentoring within the community. The position will report directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- 20-30 hours per week, from July through December 2012
- Flexible work schedule, ability to work from home
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing/communications programs and activities, including public relations, media outreach, social media, collateral materials, advertising campaigns and special events.
- Assist in the creation of content for all communications media, including the TMP website, marketing campaigns, collateral, press releases, e-newsletters and internal communications.
- Develop content to be used across various social media outlets including Facebook, LinkedIn and the TMP blog.
- Implement and update marketing communications tactical plan/calendar based on larger strategic campaign plans.
- Participate in the creative process to develop concepts, ideas and campaign strategies with staff.
- Based on marketing program/campaign plans, manage detailed plans to effectively coordinate the execution of all tasks within budget and timeframe.
- Work with staff to meet the organization’s Strategic Goals, specifically surrounding the organizational goal of “telling the story about TMP and mentoring.”
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing or related field.
- 3-5 years’ work experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization.
- Strong writing, interpersonal and copywriting/proofreading skills.
- Self-motivated, organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a productive and efficient manner.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evening and weekend obligations.
- Proficiency with data management and technology applications, including Microsoft Office Suite and research methods. Previous experience with Salesforce a plus.
Please submit a resume with cover letter, and at least (3) references, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: Friday, July 6, 2012
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Vantagen's Jobs Watch/Mosaic in your cover letter when applying for this
Collaborating with clients to develop human resources strategies that enable you to meet your goals.
We Share Your World.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.