Part-time Director of Development, The LOGOS Ministry
Our Mission: The LOGOS Ministry is a Christian organization that partners with congregations and other ministries to establish and support a unique design of ministry that equips adult leaders to nurture people of all ages into discipleship.
Our Vision: Children, youth, adults and families worldwide are nurtured into a lifetime of Christian discipleship through the design of Ministry known as LOGOS.
Director of Development (24 hours/week, Competitive Compensation)
The LOGOS Ministry is a 501(c)(3) nation-wide charitable organization that enables churches and families to bring children and youth to Christ and nurture them towards a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ, through the training of people and the offering of various resources.
We are seeking a Director of Development who possesses strong organizational skills with both a strategic and practical approach to Fundraising, who has at least five years of demonstrated success in direct Fundraising and Development experience, and at least two years in a leadership role. Experience in running a one-person Fundraising and Development operation is highly preferred.
The Director of Development is responsible for initiating and administering a single-person Development program. The Director is also responsible for developing and maintaining active and productive relationships with board members, donors and prospective donors, and Ministry staff and volunteers.
Other qualifications include:
- Strong Christian faith and commitment to the LOGOS Ministry's efforts to enable churches and families to nurture the faith journey of children and youth,
- Ability to self-start and work independently, yet collaborate closely with others, all of whom work from home or a two-person office, while working from home or other remote location,
- Very strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing,
- High level of professionalism, integrity, forthrightness, deserving of respect, and always respectful of others,
- A strong work ethic and a high energy level,
- Confident, flexible, and excellent team player,
- Excellent computer literacy including knowledge of and experience with multiple Fundraising/Development Systems, with ability to assess and select appropriate System(s) to meet the Ministry’s needs and budget,
- Hold a Bachelors degree or higher in field related to Development/Fundraising, and
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credentials preferred.
This is a work at home opportunity.
Your application packet should include A LETTER OF INTEREST, RÉSUMÉ, A LIST OF PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES (including three direct supervisors), AND A WRITING SAMPLE. (The writing sample should be a solicitation letter directed to major donors that addresses exciting new changes in the LOGOS organization). Your application packet should be submitted as PDF documents via e-mail to the attention of Cheri Winter, Jan Hosea & Associates, LLC, at email@example.com. Deadline for receipt of all documents is 5:00 PM EST, June 15, 2012.
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Vantagen's Jobs Watch/Mosaic in your cover letter when applying for this
Collaborating with clients to develop human resources strategies that enable you to meet your goals.
We Share Your World.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.