Development Assistant, The Education Partnership - Pittsburgh, PA
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Education Partnership is dedicated to addressing educational inequities in southwestern PA by providing and enabling access to the tools and resources necessary to support teachers and enhance a student’s ability to learn and succeed. Our dedicated team of staff and volunteers works in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative office and warehouse space with a clear focus on helping kids in need. The Education Partnership seeks a Development Assistant who will report directly to the Executive Director. This position is mainly devoted to supporting the Executive Director (ED) as chief development officer with an executive level of professionalism, business acumen and solid representation of the organization’s mission.
Development Support (80%)
- With the Executive Director, coordinate and execute the organization’s development strategy that includes corporate and private foundation grants, individual donor campaigns, special events and others identified by the Executive Director
- Utilize CRM database to administrate and track all donors, cash and products receipts, and executive-level business communications to donors, stakeholders and general audiences
- Coordinate with finance to assist with generating reports and statements
- Coordinate with marketing to keep messaging on-point and secure necessary collateral materials
- Master the utility of software and use social media to strengthen development efforts including fundraising plans, grant writing/submissions, editing, packaging and reporting
- Lead in CRM and various database population including ongoing updates and maintenance
- Assist the ED with scheduling, communications, reviewing priorities and task management as it pertains to fundraising and events, including delegation of team tasks
- Administer Board of Director meetings, scheduling, general communications, recruiting, and follow-up, including telephone and email inquiries when appropriate
- Represent ED in his absence on matters of information inquiries by Board of Directors, partners, stakeholders and teachers and occasional meetings
Executive Assistant (20%)
- Assist Executive Director and the organization in routine management duties.
- Assist in population and migration of various databases to efficient, central and accessible platforms
- Assist in maintaining efficient, effective operational procedures
- Ensure that documentation is complete, accessible, current, stored and backed up appropriately, both electronically and physically
- Embody and convey the organization’s mission and message in all manners and communications with internal staff and external partners to promote success of others and maintain open lines of communication
- Display executive level business communications and organizational skills
- Possess a strong attention to detail and thorough follow-through abilities
- Manage, protect and communicate all information with an ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Meet challenges proactively with an ability to collaborate, being flexible, capable and solution driven, articulating respectfully
- Ability to keep the mission and goals of the organization forefront while balancing current work priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, stakeholders and Board of Directors
- Embrace and communicate a sense of joy and gratitude as a part of the shared privilege of serving students, teachers, donors, board, and community/corporate stakeholders
- Fluent in MS Office Suite, donor-based CRM database solutions, social media
- Proven executive-level verbal/presentation and written communication skills
- Grant writing, packaging and reporting competency and experience
- Proven history of impeccable organization skills, attention to detail and follow thorough
- College graduate or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of three-years executive-level nonprofit experience preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Salary will be commensurate with applicant’s education level, experience and other attributes. Benefits will be discussed and considered as part of the overall compensation package.
Job placement at The Education Partnership will include successful past employer reference checks. All employment practices are in accordance with State of Pennsylvania and the EEOC guidelines and regulations. Storehouse for Teachers d/b/a/ The Education Partnership is a Pennsylvania nonprofit corporation and is subject to the governance of their Board of Directors 501(c)(3). The Education Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Deadline: July 15, 2012)
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Vantagen's Jobs Watch/Mosaic in your cover letter when applying for this
Collaborating with clients to develop human resources strategies that enable you to meet your goals.
We Share Your World.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.