Development Director (Full-time), St. Joseph High School - Natrona Heights, PA
St. Joseph High School
Position: Development Director (Full-time)
School: St. Joseph High School, Natrona Heights, PA
Responsibilities: The Director reports directly to the Principal and will manage and execute the overall development plan of St. Joseph High School.
The Director is primarily responsible for:
- Annual Appeal: Plan, organize, staff and manage the school’s annual appeals. Funding strategies include volunteer coordination, direct mail, phonathon and major donor solicitation.
- Major gifts: Identify, cultivate and close major contributors to the annual appeal, special projects, capital campaigns and other income development efforts.
- Planned giving: Initiate a planned giving program coordinated with the diocesan Development Office that will give prospects and donors multiple options for giving to the school.
- Capital fund development: Support or lead school capital fund development through planning, research, grant-writing and donor solicitation; provide support and/or consultation for school capital campaign.
- Foundations, corporations and religious congregations: Identify and solicit foundations, corporations and religious congregations that might be supportive of school programs.
- Prepare accurate and timely development plan updates and financial reports.
- Responsible for the school development office budget.
- Responsible for maintenance of systemic donor tracking and recognition programs.
- Responsibility for assigned tasks as identified by the Principal.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business, communications, education, and/or educational administration.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the philosophy and objectives of the Catholic Church’s educational mission and ministry particularly the mission of the school.
- Two to three years experience in development or related field.
- Strong computer competency, strong written and oral communications skills, public relations skills.
- Demonstrated success with major gift solicitation and/or planned giving program.
About Saint Joseph High School
St. Joseph High School was founded in 1915. We are a Catholic parish high school located in Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania above the scenic Allegheny River Valley. We are the oldest Catholic high school in the Diocese of Pittsburgh. St. Joseph High School currently educates 204 students from two dioceses, 30 parishes, four counties and 18 school districts. We are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
St. Joseph High School has been educating students for nearly 100 years in academics, the arts and athletics. We regularly turn out National Merit recognized students, National History Day and science competition winners, award-winning theatrical productions, WPIAL championship basketball teams – and solid citizens. In fact, St. Joseph High School was recently chosen as one of the top 50 Catholic high schools in the nation for the third time.
Deadline to apply is July 1, 2012. Qualified candidates may submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Saint Joseph High School, 800 Montana Avenue, Natrona Heights, PA 15065.
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Vantagen's Jobs Watch/Mosaic in your cover letter when applying for this
Collaborating with clients to develop human resources strategies that enable you to meet your goals.
We Share Your World.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.