Part time Director of Development, Sojourner House, Inc. - Pittsburgh, PA
Title: Director of Development
Reports To: Executive Director
Sojourner House offers compassionate, faith-based recovery services to mothers and their children. We are committed to providing gender-responsive treatment and support services to women with substance use disorders and their children.
The Director of Development oversees all aspects of fund raising, communications and public relations for the agency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- With guidance from the Executive Director and the Board Development Committee, develop and implement both annual and long-range fund-raising plans that include but are not limited to individual and planned giving, grant writing, special events.
- Implement all annual giving campaigns (e.g. personal solicitations, United Way Contributor Choice, special appeals, etc.) and develop and implement a plan for soliciting and cultivating prospective donors with the goal to grow and expand the initiatives stated above.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with the foundation and corporate communities, write grant proposals and submit all follow-up grant reports.
- Work with the Board Development Committee to develop and implement a marketing and communications plan. Direct all efforts related to media, print and electronic communications including but not limited to newsletters, brochures, direct mail materials, website, etc.
- Work with volunteers involved in fund development activities.
- Ensure accurate and timely records of all fund development activities and oversee management of donor software program.
- Prepare written reports that keep the Executive Director apprised of all development activities and subsequent progress in a timely manner.
- A bachelor's degree and minimum of three (5) years of fundraising experience
- Proven grant-writing capability; knowledge of local, regional and national funding sources, and ability to work with and motivate volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills and good working knowledge of donor software systems and general computer programs.
- The individual will have the ability to work a flexible schedule, either as a part-time employee or contract-based.
- Ability to work the hours necessary to complete the work.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not restrict or prescribe the tasks that may be assigned.
- Critical features of this job have been described in the narrative. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Resume and cover letter to be sent to: Joann Cyganovich, Executive Director, 5460 Penn Avenue, PGH, PA 15206 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Vantagen's Jobs Watch/Mosaic in your cover letter when applying for this
Collaborating with clients to develop human resources strategies that enable you to meet your goals.
We Share Your World.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.