Program Coordinator, PULSE (Pittsburgh Urban Leadership Service Experience) – Pittsburgh, PA
PULSE (Pittsburgh Urban Leadership Service Experience) seeks a high-energy individual able to coordinate the PULSE program and help develop a small-sized nonprofit organization as it grows. This position is a unique opportunity to play a vital role in a dynamic, vibrant non-profit with a track record of success, proven impact model, strong mission, staff and board.
PULSE cultivates a community of young servant leaders to transform Pittsburgh. We invite talented, university graduates to partner with local nonprofit for a year of service and leadership. Since PULSE’s inception in 1994, about 150 participants have contributed some 250,000 hours of service to more than 100 different nonprofits in Pittsburgh.
To learn more about PULSE, visit us at www.pulsepittsburgh.org
Position Summary: The Program Coordinator reports to the Executive Director of PULSE
and is responsible for the organization’s consistent, high-quality execution of its program. The Program Coordinator coordinates all aspects of the PULSE program with participants, including participant recruitment, orientation, seminars and retreats. In addition, the Program Coordinator will manage the operations of the PULSE office; paying bills, preparing financial reports, maintain databases, coordinating mailings, recruiting and developing volunteer base.
Below is an overview of responsibilities and duties for this position:
- Direct the recruitment and orientation of PULSE participants.
- Plan and implement weekly seminars, bi-annual retreats, one-on-one meetings, mentoring and other personal and professional development opportunities.
- Provide counsel, mentoring, and evaluation for participants.
- Develop additional weekend summer program for PULSE.
- Keep accurate financial records; overseeing payment of bills, invoicing, preparing reports.
- Coordinate mailings, including newsletters and appeals.
- Maintain constituent fundraising database.
- Coordinate outreach events; including annual fundraiser, community garden, marathon and other events as needed.
- Recruit and train volunteers to carry out various tasks for PULSE.
- Maintain PULSE website, update social media sites and help develop new content for site.
- Develop creative ways, to effectively engage alumni more deeply in the mission of PULSE.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years experience in program management, business management, recruiting, staff development
- Ability to communicate with a variety of constituent groups
- Ability to work effectively independently
- Knowledge of nonprofit management and operations
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Minimum travel for recruitment
- Negotiation and sales skills
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, Quickbooks, Social Media, Content Management Systems a plus
- Flexible availability, including the ability to work infrequent work days, evenings and weekends
- Passion and commitment to the mission and values of PULSE
- Ability to promote the PULSE program effectively and build relationships
- Desire to learn
- Good spokesperson and representative of the PULSE program at public events, meetings and recruitment trips
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector in Pittsburgh
Interested individuals should send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 13, 2012 at 5:00pm.
PULSE is an equal opportunity employer.
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Vantagen's Jobs Watch/Mosaic in your cover letter when applying for this
Collaborating with clients to develop human resources strategies that enable you to meet your goals.
We Share Your World.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.