Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Manager, Pittsburgh Cares - Pittsburgh, PA
Pittsburgh Cares - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Position: Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Manager
Pittsburgh Cares, a 501©3 nonprofit organization and HandsOn Network affiliate, works to enhance the impact of our regional nonprofit partners by promoting the effective use of one-time and skilled volunteers. For more information, please visit www.pittsburghcares.org.
Position Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
The Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Manager is a full-time exempt position that reports directly to the Executive Director and/or the Director of Community Programs.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Provide management oversight of RSVP, a senior volunteer program that supports the Pittsburgh nonprofit community; participate as a member of the Pittsburgh Cares management team.
• Develop and oversee partnerships with local nonprofits to develop volunteer opportunities; provision of technical assistance and completion of site visits; develop and oversee volunteer recruitment, selection, training and recognition activities.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with funding source and state association representatives; complete required reporting; facilitate funding source program assessments.
• Maintain program quality by planning annual program goals and objectives designed to meet critical community needs.
• Develop positive public relations; conduct and oversee outreach activities including program related presentations.
• Participate on councils and/or committees that address senior issues; develop events to help support, educate and inform the senior population.
• Maintain professional knowledge and skills by attending relevant workshops, training, and conferences; participate in program related professional organizations.
• Work closely with RSVP Advisory Council to support program work plans and activities; identify and develop resources to enhance and support the program.
• Assist in annual budget development; monitor program budget.
• Perform other project related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years professional experience and proven success as a nonprofit program manager. Candidates should also be committed to the mission of Pittsburgh Cares and possess the ability to communicate effectively and engage diverse audiences. Bachelor’s degree required. Additional qualifications include:
- Partnership building and relationship management skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work with a diverse pool of volunteers, nonprofit partners and cultural and professional styles
- Skills in quickly resolving challenges and the ability to succeed using innovation and limited resources
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multitask and take initiative
- Skilled use of Salesforce, Google Applications for Nonprofits and MS Office Suite preferred
P lease submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Vantagen's Jobs Watch/Mosaic in your cover letter when applying for this
Collaborating with clients to develop human resources strategies that enable you to meet your goals.
We Share Your World.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.