Membership Manager (full-time), Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens - Pittsburgh, PA
Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, a great steel and glass Victorian greenhouse, has been inviting visitors to explore the beauty and mysteries of plants since 1893. In recent decades, Phipps has evolved into one of the region’s most vibrant, thriving cultural attractions, bringing fresh perspectives and artists into our historic glasshouse environment. Phipps has become a strong advocate for advanced green building practices, sustainable gardening and a new environmental awareness.
Phipps is seeking a full-time Membership Manager to be responsible for providing a short- and long-term base of support for the Conservatory by successfully marketing and managing all functions related to the membership program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop creative ways to cultivate and retain individual, family, gift and corporate memberships.
- Analyze, develop performance metrics and benchmark membership program against local and national benchmarks.
- Develop and implement strategies and carry out tasks associated with the general and corporate membership programs including: membership campaign, member benefits, membership brochures, research, member and donor correspondence and database management.
- Develop and monitor a monthly program budget.
- Gather information, write, lay out and oversee publication of the monthly membership newsletter.
- Maintain membership database.
- Plan and coordinate member events.
Skills and Education:
The candidate must be a highly motivated, proactive and creative individual with exceptional guest service, communication and organizational skills. Bachelor’s degree with two years’ relevant experience required; nonprofit experience preferred.
Qualified individuals should email a resume, cover letter and salary history to email@example.com or mail to Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, Human Resources Department, 1059 Shady Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232. No telephone calls, please.
Phipps offers a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and a beautiful, unique atmosphere. For more information about Phipps, please visit our website: www.phipps.conservatory.org.
Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens is an equal opportunity employer.
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Dewey &
Kaye Jobs Watch in your cover letter when applying for this
The Dewey & Kaye division of
ParenteBeard LLC provides strategy development, planning, financial
sustainability, facilitation, training and executive search services to help
nonprofits, foundations, community collaboratives and government agencies
address strategic, operational and administrative issues.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.