Production Manager, Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre - Pittsburgh, PA
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre (PBT) is one the nation’s premiere ballet companies in residence at the historic Benedum Center for the Performing Arts in Downtown Pittsburgh. The thirty-member AGMA company produces five annual resident programs including The Nutcracker, and tours nationally and internationally.
- The Production Manager has the primary responsibility for enabling PBT to present ballets at the Benedum Center (PBT's performance home) through the coordination of all backstage production activities.
- The Production Manager is responsible for preparing and monitoring all production (except costume) budgets, including theatre rental, recruitment and supervision of union department heads (electrics, props, carpentry), hiring and coordination of all IATSE stage labor.
- The Production Manager is also responsible for coordinating backstage activities for all tour engagements, maintaining all dance floors within the PBT studios, and assisting the PBT School with production events.
- The Production Manager serves as the primary contact to national and international tour venues.
The Production Manager reports dually to the Executive Director and to the Artistic Director.
- Supervise non-union stage manager and three IATSE "pink contract" department heads.
- Prepare and monitor all production budgets. This includes: theatre rental, IATSE stage hands, loaders, set construction, set rental, design fee for sets and lights.
- Research costs associated with new productions to purchase, rent or construction.
- Process, supervise and coordinate all logistics associated with the load-in, run and load-out of scenery, props, and lighting for Company
- Develop master schedule for all PBT Benedum Center events.
- Research set and lighting designers, develop and negotiate contracts within existing budget parameters.
- Develop bi-weekly IATSE payroll for submission to accounting department.
- Maintain sets and props inventory.
- Market rental properties. Handle all logistics associated with set rental, including scheduling of load-in and load-out.
- Manage the production portion of PBT's touring program and serve as the primary point of contact with venue production heads. Together with PBT Management, effect the successful execution of all touring logistics.
- Provide Management Team with specific budgetary information in a timely manner.
- Hire and schedule all production personnel for tour activities.
- Design stage lighting for each tour engagement; focus and cue the lighting on site at the tour venue.
B.A. in Production and/or Theatre. At least five years experience with large performing arts facility. Direct experience with IATSE stage labor and IATSE contracts (pink contracts, yellow card, etc.). Prior experience with budgeting for personnel and construction of scenery. Experience with ballet and touring activities preferred but not required. Ability to deal effectively with stressful situations in a calm manner.
- Strong budgeting and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer-literacy, especially spreadsheet analysis
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
Other working relationships
- Associate Director of Touring
- School Directors
- Production personnel
- Local union officials
Submit resumes with three professional references to Shelly Swartz at email@example.com, or to Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, 2900 Liberty Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15201. No calls please.
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Vantagen's Jobs Watch/Mosaic in your cover letter when applying for this
Collaborating with clients to develop human resources strategies that enable you to meet your goals.
We Share Your World.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.