Nurse Case Manager, North Side Christian Health Center - Pittsburgh, PA
Job Title: Nurse Case Manager
General Summary of Duties: The Nurse Case Manager (NCM) provides a variety of patient care activities and supportive services in collaboration with the medical staff, the outreach department and the patients served. In keeping with the core values of a faith-based health center, they will utilize the nursing process to provide for optimum quality and continuity of nursing care.
The NCM will demonstrate effective and efficient care on an ongoing basis while performing core nursing competencies along with data collection, reporting and analysis.
Supervision Received: Reports to the Medical Director
Typical Working Conditions: Full time. Faith-based, multiple site urban, medical practice, Community outreach is an integral aspect of the position. .
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate appropriate judgment skills to be able to make independent clinical decisions in routine patient care matters.
- Perform comprehensive assessments of physical, emotional, psychosocial, and environmental needs of the patient.
- Build relationships and assist patients in treatment plan development and follow-up care. Foster an environment for open communication and collaborative practice.
- Collaborate with providers, patients and community resources to provide continuity of care and implement individualized health improvement plans.
- Monitors visits and performs appropriate documentation for tracking and report generation.
- Maintain all patient records on electronic health record (EHR) and external registry of patients with high-risk diseases/conditions.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining compliance according to federal/state regulations and organizational policies.
- Develop and implement an individualized plan of care for each patient,( or identified at-risk patients), evaluate and revise as necessary.
- Develop and present health education and wellness programs such as training workshops, conferences or community presentations; emphasis on Healthy People 2020 guidelines.
- Prepare, distribute, manage and maintain an adequate supply of written materials for patient education and health awareness.
- Work with Community C program for outreach to Hepatitis C patients
- Develop and foster relationships with nearby hospitals/nursing homes to provide transition care.
- Educate staff concerning management of high-risk chronic diseases.
- Attend quality assurance meetings and all practice meetings.
- Data collection, reporting and analysis.
- Manage and direct assigned projects.
- Assist and provide support in treatment areas and panels.
- Perform other duties, as needed.
- Knowledge of the following required: Case management protocols, clinical policies and procedures, prioritization of patient needs and patient flow, phone triage, practitioner support, nursing assessment, patient education, patient scheduling, and referral procedures.
- Skills of the following required: Skills required performing phlebotomy, EKG's, injection medications including allergy shots and immunizations, nursing assessment, case management. Also, health teaching and group facilitation.
- Abilities in the following required: Ability to take initiative appropriate to job duties, communicate effectively in oral and written formats, problem-solve, organize and plan. Must be flexible and work cooperatively as a team member.
- Current Pennsylvania RN licensure. Act 33/34 clearances.
- Experience in hospital, outpatient and/or community setting.
- Case Management Certification, preferred.
- Knowledge and competent with computer applications.
Working Conditions: Primary health care and community/home health care environment. Demonstrate good verbal communication and written skills. Must be able to speak and read the English language. Bilingual or Multilingual fluency is a plus. Must possess good manual and physical dexterity (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) with ability to lift up to a maximum of fifty (50) pounds without assistance.
Compensation: Salary range commensurate with education and experience.
Submit resume to:
North Side Christian Health Center
Human Resources Department
816 Middle Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
or email to NSCHC.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Dewey &
Kaye Jobs Watch in your cover letter when applying for this
The Dewey & Kaye division of
ParenteBeard LLC provides strategy development, planning, financial
sustainability, facilitation, training and executive search services to help
nonprofits, foundations, community collaboratives and government agencies
address strategic, operational and administrative issues.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.