Receptionist/Secretary, North Park Church - Wexford, PA
Part Time Hourly Position
Schedule – needs to be somewhat flexible, but will generally be Monday thru Thursday – 8:30am thru 3:30pm
The receptionist/secretary provides typing and clerical support to help meet the needs of the organization and staff in the areas of reception, secretarial, and publishing. The receptionist/secretary serves all staff, but reports to the Office Manager.
This position is part-time hourly and is currently anticipated at approximately 30 hours/week (Monday through Thursday, with some Friday morning work on occasion).
- A committed follower of Jesus Christ.
- Works well with deadlines.
- Ability to discern and adapt to various environments, backgrounds, and personalities.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple diverse tasks with interruptions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
Serving all staff regarding secretarial and receptionist functions
Specific Duties Include:
- Answering telephone and front desk reception
- Data entry (church membership, visitors, weekly attendance, etc.)
- Helps with preparation and mailing of weekly prayer letter.
- Copying, laminating, binding, etc. of various communications, including bulletin and church newsletter
- Maintains church bulletin boards/signage throughout the facility.
- Assists staff and members in using office machines. Reports equipment breakdowns to Office Manager in a timely manner to ensure service as soon as possible.
- Monitors all supply needs and informs Office Manager.
- Checks the printers and copy machines daily to keep them well-stocked with paper.
- Prepares mail, meters it and makes certain it is mailed properly.
- Checks-out information in the lobby and pews weekly to ensure supplies are maintained
- Provides proofreading services for all communications prepared by office staff.
- Prepares materials for classes, studies, and seminars, etc.
- Counts and prepares for deposit miscellaneous income
- Responsible for general cleanliness and order in reception area, copy room, supply closets, mail center, and administrative support area.
- Prepares CD labels for Sunday Sermons
- Other such duties as necessary
Interested parties should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Dewey &
Kaye Jobs Watch in your cover letter when applying for this
The Dewey & Kaye division of
ParenteBeard LLC provides strategy development, planning, financial
sustainability, facilitation, training and executive search services to help
nonprofits, foundations, community collaboratives and government agencies
address strategic, operational and administrative issues.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.