Assistant Controller, Mon Valley Initiative - Homestead, PA
Mon Valley Initiative
POSITION: ASSISTANT CONTROLLER
- Assist in performing MVI’s financial support and administrative functions in a manner that enhances the organization’s accountability, transparency, and reputation, and facilitates the attainment of the organization’s objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in maintaining the financial accounts and records of the organization.
- Provide high level of support to MVI’s administrative and four program teams – particularly housing and real estate development, and housing counseling – from an accounting, finance and compliance standpoint.
- Perform typical Accounts Payable functions (e.g., review invoices, issue checks).
- Perform typical Accounts Receivable functions (e.g., submit invoices, record and monitor receivables).
- Perform contract compliance and financial reviews of real estate development project files.
- Assume ownership of certain General Ledger accounts, including those related to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Gather and organize financial information prior to and during independent audits.
- Perform various Human Resources and Payroll-related functions as required.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports summarizing MVI’s financial activity.
- Manage loan portfolios, including billing, posting of payments, monitoring of performance, preparation of loan reports, collection of delinquent accounts, and performance of customer service functions.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets.
- Assist with the tracking of insurance coverage for MVI and the organization’s real estate development properties.
- Gather quotes from suppliers, make recommendations regarding purchases, and identify and propose cost reduction opportunities.
- Perform certain account administration functions with financial institutions.
- Assist with periodic reporting for grant proposals and progress reports.
- College degree in accounting or business.
- Relevant non-profit organization experience, with emphasis on accounting, finance, and contract compliance.
- Working knowledge of accounting software (preferably Peachtree or QuickBooks), Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles.
- Successful experience in a fast-paced, high-performance team environment.
- Familiarity with real estate development accounting practices is desirable.
- Internal audit experience (e.g., contract compliance, internal controls, accounting practices) is desirable.
- Team player who demonstrates positive and cooperative work style.
- Self-motivated problem-solver who demonstrates strong initiative.
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment, and perform without close supervision.
- Strong customer service ethic for both external clients and internal partners.
- Intellectually curious; strives to develop new skills and deeper levels of understanding.
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to work well with people of various backgrounds, abilities and interests.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work, perform duties with accuracy, and meet deadlines.
- Shares information and encourages learning among others.
- Ability to recognize and handle confidential information appropriately.
- Reports to MVI Controller
We will accept resumes and cover letters until the position is filled.
Assistant Controller Search Committee
Mon Valley Initiative
303/305 East 8th Avenue
Homestead, PA 15120
Or submit electronically to: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Vantagen's Jobs Watch/Mosaic in your cover letter when applying for this
Collaborating with clients to develop human resources strategies that enable you to meet your goals.
We Share Your World.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.