Marketing Manager, Mattress Factory - Pittsburgh, PA
(Full-Time Exempt Position)
The Marketing Manager is a full-time position in the Development Department. Reporting directly to the Co-Directors and the Director of Operations, the person in this position is responsible for developing, managing and implementing the Mattress Factory’s strategic marketing initiatives. He/She will work closely with the museum’s leadership, Development Department staff and other museum staff to create consistent, quality communications with the goal of increasing public awareness of the Mattress Factory and its programs.
Interested candidates should possess a passion for arts and culture. Experience with nonprofit organizations, particularly in the arts, is preferred. Strong interpersonal, written communication, and presentations skills are a must.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, manage & implement all public relations efforts
- Establish & maintain contact with local, national and international media
- Cultivate media lists
- Write and distribute information materials (press releases, fact sheets, etc.) to media
- Pitch feature story ideas to appropriate media contacts
- Collect press clippings and oversee the maintenance of the media archive
- Maintain content of the organization’s web presence (to include MF website, e-commerce sites and social media platforms)
- Manage special projects as needed
- Develop and implement email marketing strategies
- Develop and implement strategic online marketing initiatives
- Create and execute strategic brand management and advertising campaigns
- Write copy for print, radio and Web advertisements
- Write and design collateral materials (i.e. newsletters, brochures, etc.)
- Coordinate and track sponsorships and media buying
- Initiate cross-promotional community and media partnerships where applicable
- Design and coordinate museum direct mail marketing pieces
- Work with museum leadership to set goals and benchmarks for earned-income
- Maintain relationships with North Side neighborhood groups and organizations
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Communications or related field
- Three to five years professional marketing experience
- Strong writing skills and an eye for good design
- Working knowledge of FileMaker Pro or comparable database software
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, basic Web design software, and MS Office
- Experience with marketing-related financials (i.e. budgets, project cost analysis, etc.)
Please send resume, cover letter and three writing samples to Catena Bergevin, Director of Operations, email@example.com.
No phone calls please. This position will be available starting September 21, 2012. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Vantagen's Jobs Watch/Mosaic in your cover letter when applying for this
Collaborating with clients to develop human resources strategies that enable you to meet your goals.
We Share Your World.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.