Director of Community Development & Enrollment, LIFE Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh, PA
ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW & HISTORY
LIFE Pittsburgh, a growing nonprofit organization with approximately 250 employees, is a community based alternative to nursing home care and assisted living. Through the LIFE Pittsburgh program, frail older adults can remain in their own home and receive a coordinated plan of care that enables them to maintain their independence and enjoy a safe and active life in the community. Our health teams of geriatric doctors, nurses, social workers, rehabilitation specialists and other health care professionals assess our Participants' needs and desires, plan and approve services with them and their family or caregiver, monitor for changes and provide timely interventions. Primary care and community services are provided through our Day Health Centers and through our in home program according to an individual Participant's needs. To learn more, visit www.lifepittsburgh.org
The Director of Community Development and Enrollment’s primary responsibilities are to implement and drive both current and improved outreach/marketing strategies across the organization to increase visibility in the community and enrollment in LIFE Pittsburgh’s programs and services. Develops and maintains LIFE Pittsburgh’s marketing and outreach efforts. This includes presentations to potential referral sources such as community groups; developing new referral sources and managing the enrollment and outreach team. This position is a key member of the senior leadership team, partners closely with and reports to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops marketing strategy, including outreach approaches, proposals, and presentations for key stake holders and potential referral sources
- Analyzes the effectiveness of current marketing and outreach efforts; recommends improvements to increase market penetration.
- Maintains a high level of awareness of target “market” for LIFE Pittsburgh services (payor, provider, competitor)
- Identifies high-potential and strategically important referral sources (e.g., senior health organizations, and senior agencies, health care providers, clinicians) in designated markets.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with these key referral sources, partners, and constituents; acts as a community resource.
- Schedules, plans and conducts effective and efficient in-person presentations (individual and group presentations) to key referral sources . Articulates organization overview, program benefits, eligibility criteria, and enrollment process in effective manner
- Devises and facilitates various outreach events, including workshops relevant to seniors and caregivers on various long-term care topics, open houses, health fairs, etc. Enlists help of Enrollment and Outreach Specialists as needed for outreach events.
- Represents LIFE Pittsburgh at various community/agency meetings, enhancing our visibility, representation, referral streams from community partnerships. Where possible, hold active positions on committees as relevant to reaching organizational goals.
- Contacts existing and potential referral sources. Develop new and existing referral relationships with organizational leaders and influencers for diverse geographic and population segments.
- Conducts tours of facilities to introduce LIFE Pittsburgh to potential referral sources and other interested parties.
- Day-to-day management and supervision of the enrollment and outreach team. Hiring, mentoring, and coaching a team of individuals into a cohesive and effective sales force.
- Directs external consultant and works with them to develop marketing and public relations materials.
- Manages the enrollment processes for the organization and assists with enrollment process as needed.
The ideal candidate will be expected to successfully complete the following within 12 months of being
hired as the Director of Community Development & Enrollment:
- Conduct an assessment of the department, determines staffing needs and propose a staff development and training plan to ensure capacity to meet all goals.
- Will analyze & evaluate current strategies and develop a comprehensive outreach/marketing plan and strategy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- This position requires an individual who is highly motivated, results driven, and able to develop and build strong, lasting relationships. Excellent planning, organization and presentation skills are critical. Recent healthcare marketing or sales experience is required. The ideal candidate will have established healthcare contacts and be able to readily network in the community.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful experience in Marketing/outreach required, experience with senior living, services or healthcare strongly preferred.
- Bachelors degree in related field required, Masters degree strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to function in rapidly growing and fast-paced work environment; ability to multi-task while prioritizing important issues
- Ability to work independently as well as part of team
- Open, confident, proactive professional who is accessible, flexible, has excellent written and oral
- Strong professional ethics and a sensitivity to maintaining confidentiality
Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Approachability: Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kind of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Directing Others: Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people is a clear communicator.
Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming sessions.
Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
Peer Relationships: Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
Send Resumes and Salary Requirements to: LIFE Pittsburgh, ATTN: ENRDK, 681 Andersen Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15220. Fax: 412-388-8055, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Dewey &
Kaye Jobs Watch in your cover letter when applying for this