Operations Coordinator, Just Harvest - Pittsburgh, PA
Just Harvest, an anti-hunger/anti-poverty advocacy organization in Pittsburgh, seeks a skilled and committed professional to oversee Just Harvest’s daily operations including business matters, human resources, information systems, and some staff supervision.
- Demonstrate and reflect the mission and values of Just Harvest.
- Broaden public understanding of Just Harvest’s anti-hunger and anti-poverty mission through community education programs, media outreach, and publications.
- Manage human resource activities for all staff that includes but is not limited to:
- Process paperwork for new employees.
- Collect and review timecards for each pay period.
- Keep track of leave time, such as vacation, personal and sick leave.
- Oversee benefit package for all employees.
- Record employee information such as leaves of absence, resignations, etc. to maintain and update employee records.
- Manage accurately Just Harvest’s day-to-day financial transactions and bookkeeping..
- Manage vendor relations including bid negotiations.
- Manage contracts and grants.
- Assist Executive Director with writing reports to funders.
- Monitor progress of grant-funded activities and use of grant-restricted funds.
- Oversee compliance with grant and contract requirements and ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Supervise direct service staff.
- Coaching and staff development.
- Goal-setting and evaluation under leadership of Executive Director.
- Manage organization’s office space, property, and equipment, including acting as liaison with building management, equipment vendors and service providers.
- Oversee office IT and telecommunications including development and implementation of IT plans, software and hardware updates, and integrity and security of data.
- Participate in Just Harvest staff meetings.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required for the Position
- Knowledge of local, state and federal human resource law; tax and payroll information
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to:
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Work as part of a team.
- Work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Initiate and work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Set work schedule but occasional evening or weekend work.
- Small office setting with limited resources.
- Computer usage that requires repetitive motions.
- Primarily sedentary work requiring ten pounds or less of exerted force.
- Some travel as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
$31,000 per year plus health insurance, and sick, vacation, and personal days.
Just Harvest educates, empowers and mobilizes people to eliminate hunger, poverty, and economic injustice in our communities by influencing public policy, engaging in advocacy, and connecting people to public benefits.
To learn more about Just Harvest, visit www.justharvest.org
Electronic submission is preferred. Send substantive cover letter, resume, and professional references as attachments (in Word or PDF formats) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations Coordinator Application” in subject line. Applications may also be mailed to: Just Harvest, 16 Terminal Way, Pittsburgh PA 15219, attn: Operations Coordinator Search. Applications must be received by Wednesday, November 7, 2012. No phone calls, please.
Note: Other current job announcements at Just Harvest are listed at www.justharvest.org. To apply for more than position simultaneously, list each job title in the subject line of your submission.
Just Harvest is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Just Harvest is a Drug-Free Workplace
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Vantagen's Jobs Watch/Mosaic in your cover letter when applying for this
Collaborating with clients to develop human resources strategies that enable you to meet your goals.
We Share Your World.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.