Development Specialist, JCC of Greater Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh, PA
Position Title: Development Specialist
Program Area: Development
Date:5-30-08, rev. 04.30.12
Reports To: Sr., Director of Marketing & Sales
Position Type: Exempt
Job Title Number: D03
Responsible for supporting the entire Development Department in confidential administrative support services, research functions, and program logistics, inclusive of donor and prospect research and communications functions. Exhibits ability to analyze data and collect data make projections. Provides support services to the Executive Office on an as needed, basis.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as contributing member of JCC Development Team in goal setting, implementation, and evaluation of development efforts as defined in the May 2008 Development Task Force Report, as authorized by the JCC Board of Directors.
- Leads event logistics of development related activities, including annual meeting, Big Night special event, and related events.
- Leads donor research effort regarding Jewish and general community foundations, corporations, and individuals.
- Maintains integrity of development data-base coordinates donor acknowledgement, communication and billing functions at all levels; maintains donor recognition system.
- Assists in the development of agency-wide corporate development initiatives.
- Assists in the coordination of preparation of grants and proposals, as needed.
- Oversees and maintains fund development software (Fast) and works to transition to E-Finestri program.
- Provides confidential work environment for senior managers; maintains confidentiality issues, as required.
- Provides assistance to Senior Management, as needed.
- Actively promotes and maintains agency customer service standards.
- Generates necessary reports and documentation as needed and/or required.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to operate personal computers (hardware and software).
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Ability to perform other related duties, as needed and/or required.
Supervision from Senior Director of Marketing & Sales
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Frequently he/she is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Business School Graduate or advanced College Degree with three (3) years administrative assistant/secretarial experience.
Must possess Act 33/34 Clearance and First Aid/CPR Certification.
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to:
JCC of Greater Pittsburgh
5738 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Dewey &
Kaye Jobs Watch in your cover letter when applying for this
The Dewey & Kaye division of
ParenteBeard LLC provides strategy development, planning, financial
sustainability, facilitation, training and executive search services to help
nonprofits, foundations, community collaboratives and government agencies
address strategic, operational and administrative issues.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.