Grant Writer, Innovation Works, Inc. - Pittsburgh, PA
Position: Grant Writer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Department: Business Development
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
Innovation Works Seeks Grant Writer!!!
Innovation Works’ mission is to increase the success rate of the region’s technology companies and technology-adopting manufacturers by providing business expertise, direct investment and hands-on support.
• The Grant Writer supports the efforts of IW’s Business Development department, which is responsible for IW’s fundraising, relationship management and policy and advocacy efforts. More specifically, the department builds and manages relationships with local and national foundations, federal agencies, and corporate partners in an effort to diversify IW’s funding beyond the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The department strives to create relationships that complement IW’s role in the Pittsburgh community, as well as relationships more broadly in Pennsylvania and nationally that help IW gain greater visibility and exposure that could lead to possible funding support of policy/advocacy influence.
• The Grant Writer serves in a support capacity to the Business Development Strategist. In this capacity, the Grant Writer is responsible for report and proposal preparation and submission, supports compliance reporting-related matters associated with funding sources, assists in identifying potential sources of funding, and assists in managing relationships with potential funding sources and partners as well as cultivating his/her own relationships with these groups.
• The Grant Writer provides support to other departments across the organization in order to develop a more complete understanding of the operation and critical needs of various departments.
• Maintain tracking of funding opportunities (foundations, government agencies, etc.) and compliance reporting with various stakeholders.
• Draft, edit and finalize all proposals and reports with stakeholder/funding sources. Coordinate feedback and editing from others at IW on all proposals and reports.
• Support the building and maintaining of relationships with certain government agencies and foundations to solicit funding for IW and manage compliance with those funding sources.
• Build and maintain relationships with regional stakeholders and organizations in order to forward IW’s goals of funding diversity and cross-sectoral collaboration.
• Track and submit award nominations for all relevant IW programs, with the awards promoting or validating IW’s status in the regional and national TBED dialogue.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Minimum three (3) years experience in business development, grant writing, relationship management, and/or project management.
• Prior entrepreneurial experience and/or non-profit experience preferred.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong relationship management and “people” skills
• Self-starter willing to take initiative
• Strong sense of accountability and attention to detail
• Ability to juggle many competing priorities/deadlines
• Schedule flexibility based on departmental needs
• Highest personal integrity and team-orientation
Please have candidates reply with resume to: email@example.com
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Vantagen's Jobs Watch/Mosaic in your cover letter when applying for this