Associate Director, Older Adult Services, Family Services of Western Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh, PA
About the Agency:
Family Services of Western Pennsylvania has a long history of serving families and individuals in the southwestern Pennsylvania region, dating back to 1885. Our work is guided by our mission to “empower individuals to reach their full potential.” Over time our role in the community has expanded, and we presently provide more than 38 distinct programs for families and individuals in the categories of mental health, intellectual disabilities, vocational rehabilitation, child welfare, safety net, and older adult services. Recipient of the 2008 Wishart Award for Excellence in Non-Profit Management.
The Associate Director of Older Adult Services will have responsibility for providing leadership for an agency service of moderately large size, including both the direct service and the technical or support activity, which includes financial and/or reporting processes, paraprofessional and/or secretarial functions, and physical facilities. The incumbent also assists and backs up the Director in the development and management of related services. Working with the Director and other senior staff, the incumbent is actively involved in overall agency planning, both strategic and operational planning, the development of new products/services, and recommendations for agency-wide management practices. The position requires initiative, creativity, and the ability to work effectively independently, representing both assigned services and the interests of the total agency, as a member of the senior staff team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing administrative leadership and staff education and support and engaging necessary collaborative resources to establish a new agency community service program.
- Recruiting qualified applicants for employment within the program and supervising the work of assigned management staff.
- Developing, managing and negotiating a large budget, seeking new or additional funding and maximizing the impact of current funding, writing or working with a grantwriter to develop grant proposals.
- Collaborating among other senior agency staff, the staff of funding bodies and leaders from other agencies
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong demonstrated leadership skills
- Extensive knowledge of current theories, practices, and trends in social services, in particular older adult services.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and to take independent initiative when necessary.
- Strong planning skills.
- High level of enthusiasm.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related human services field with appropriate license.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in social services required.
- Two years of experience managing services at the $1 million or higher level required.
E-mail letter of intent and resume in Word 6.0 or ADOBE PDF
formats to FSWPfirstname.lastname@example.org. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Vantagen's Jobs Watch/Mosaic in your cover letter when applying for this
Collaborating with clients to develop human resources strategies that enable you to meet your goals.
We Share Your World.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.