Case Manager, CASA Program of Allegheny County - Pittsburgh, PA
POSITION: CASE MANAGER
Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program of Allegheny County
564 Forbes Avenue, Suite 902, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Phone: (412) 594-3606; Facsimile: (412) 594-3607
In a manner consistent with the mission of CASA of Allegheny County, the CASA Case Manager provides professional guidance and support to volunteer Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs). The Case Manager assures that children served by the program receive sound advocacy and early permanency planning, in accordance with the Pennsylvania Juvenile Act and federal laws, as well as the policies of CASA of Allegheny County.
- Manages and supports up to 30 cases through consultation, problem solving, troubleshooting, feedback, guidance, evaluation, motivation, training, monitoring and preparation for court appearances.
- Monitors CASAs involvement in their cases and case activity, while assuring that organization policy and practice standards and sound case management practices are followed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of each child’s and case's history and pertinent advocacy issues.
- Releases or reassigns CASAs whose advocacy is inappropriate or detrimental.
- Represents the organization within the child welfare system, the juvenile court system and external community through participation in advisory groups, committees, and public relations activities as assigned.
- Participates in program implementation, evaluation and planning.
- Participates in team meetings, including case staffings, assuring accountability and quality.
- Participates in training CASA volunteers, including evaluation of trainees.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director and/or Executive Director.
Graduate degree in law, social work, psychology, human services or related field and five years relevant experience. Commensurate education and work experience combination can be considered in lieu of a graduate degree.
Experience in volunteer management, competence in and commitment to the field of child welfare or child and family services. Solid knowledge base regarding child abuse and neglect, advocacy, family dynamics, cultural issues, juvenile court and the social service system. Demonstrated commitment to cultural competency.
Must have a commitment to continuing professional and personal learning. Must demonstrate collaboration and leadership ability as well as a sound understanding of the principles of volunteer management. Requires excellent verbal and written communication and advocacy skills, ability to work well in a fast-paced and changing environment and to handle multiple priorities. Needs to be confident, flexible, organized and responsible. Needs to be able to consult, problem solve and work collaboratively. Must demonstrate commitment to the organization’s philosophy of skilled volunteer advocacy. Demonstrated competency in office software applications.
Send resumé, cover letter, writing sample, 3 references and salary requirements via email to Program Director Danielle Morrison at email@example.com.
Employment and conditions of employment will be made on a non-discriminatory job-related basis and without regard to an applicant's or an employee's race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status consistent with applicable law.
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Dewey &
Kaye Jobs Watch in your cover letter when applying for this
The Dewey & Kaye division of
McCrory & McDowell LLC provides strategy development, planning, financial
sustainability, facilitation, training and executive search services to help
nonprofits, foundations, community collaboratives and government agencies
address strategic, operational and administrative issues.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.