Chief Programming Officer, Back On My Feet - Philadelphia, PA
Reporting directly to BoMF’s Founder & CEO, the Chief Programming Officer (CPO) will work with the CEO and Executive Team to determine the strategic direction of the Back on My Feet program. Additionally, the CPO will ensure member achievement goals are met in local chapters (led by Program Directors and Executive Directors of the local chapters) through the design, development, delivery, and ongoing improvement of the program. In this role, the CPO will also provide strategic oversight and leadership of Back on My Feet (BoMF) members’ program model and execution success.
The CPO is accountable for the executive leadership of the BoMF member program model – design, development, delivery, improvement and execution. In general, the CPO will provide executive-level leadership to two key functional groups at Back on My Feet: national program design and management of chapter programs. Strong program development and execution is paramount, as is significant experience working with an under-severed population such as those experiencing homelessness.
Reporting to the CPO will be two individuals: a senior program staff member at BoMF who will manage program expansion in new markets, and a Senior Program Analyst who manages program data analytics at BoMF. The CPO will work with and through this team to ensure the delivery of exceptional programmatic results.
In conjunction with the executive staff and program team, the CPO will direct the program to drive extraordinary results by ensuring a sustainable, high-quality program model to promote BoMF’s mission. As well, the CPO directs the program team at the local level to ensure program integration, alignment and execution.
- Determining strategic planning for BoMF program growth/improvements.
- Building/enabling processes/tools for program execution.
- Effectively managing other Shared Service program team members.
- Establishing highly-effective communications processes to share timely, targeted and audience-appropriate communications to all levels of the organization, including Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Setting high expectations and delivering actionable feedback to direct reports and other key leaders in order to drive execution of objectives and overall program achievement.
- Serving on the BoMF Executive team, responsible with other team members for the strategic direction, management, development, and success of the organization.
- Setting annual priorities for the development or refinement of new and existing program initiatives, tools and frameworks that support program department goals and work.
- Ensuring that all plans, processes and procedures drive needed changes in role design, people and talent management, metrics/reporting and evaluation practices.
- Managing the development and alignment of related program and initiative plans, including metrics and milestones, and managing timely and successful implementation
- Managing assigned budget and spen.ding priorities for all program elements to ensure that team resources are aligned to deliverables; working with leadership to ensure teams have adequate financial and human resources to execute on annual priorities.
- Prepare and submit an annual program budget, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Represent Back on My Feet in organizational activities as requested.
- Provide management of department and staff through independent judgment and decision-making.
- Regularly direct the work and provide staff development opportunities and training to department staff.
- Perform management functions and/or make recommendations for the department such as hiring, firing, performance evaluations, disciplinary counseling, salary adjustments, workload distribution, communication, recognition activities, and employee relations.
- Participate in the development of a departmental budget as part of the organization’s budget preparation process, and operate within budget limitations.
Skills, Experience & Competencies
- Passionate belief that members can achieve success through Back on My Feet program services.
- Demonstrated ability to drive member achievement results and to manage/lead direct reports to drive member achievement within local chapters.
- Deep understanding of program development and program design, planning, execution and evaluation.
- Prior experience working within an organization to grow program to new/multiple chapters a plus.
- Strong program development and data analysis experience, working with a matrix organization and program with national/local structures and processes; clear demonstrated results in driving outcomes through program leadership.
- Strong understanding of and experience with/in partnered relationships and/or with partner organizations for service delivery.
- Strong strategic thinking, planning and execution skills; ability to articulate a vision and lead others to operationalize it.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people with a very wide diversity of demographic and cultural characteristics; must be capable of achieving results while preserving an inclusive, collaborative leadership style.
- Excellent communications, relationship management and interpersonal abilities.
- Experience includes balance of strategy, planning and implementation, with an approach of using data to inform decisions and make program improvements.
- Highly effective delegation, influence and performance management abilities, including objective setting, coaching, development planning and driving results.
- Leadership experience in a large, multi-site organization.
- Strong people leadership capability, including interpersonal, coaching and negotiation skills.
- Must be resilient, outcomes-focused and highly organized.
- Proven ability to build effective, diverse teams and to work in a fast-paced nonprofit environment.
- Strong member/customer service approach, including significant member management experiences; strong capability in managing high need member relationships.
- Experience working with homeless and/or low income individuals in outreach and shelter settings is desirable; MSW or LMSW a plus.
Minimum Experience: Seven-plus years of experience in the delivery of services in the human services field. At least five years in a senior managerial or leadership role with direct responsibility for management, cross functionality of team and budget control.
Minimum Education: Undergraduate degree. Master’s degree preferred.
For qualified candidates, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please mention that you heard about this opportunity from Dewey &
Kaye Jobs Watch in your cover letter when applying for this
The Dewey & Kaye division of
ParenteBeard LLC provides strategy development, planning, financial
sustainability, facilitation, training and executive search services to help
nonprofits, foundations, community collaboratives and government agencies
address strategic, operational and administrative issues.
ParenteBeard provides outstanding service, exceptional value, and clear, meaningful advice related to audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Texas. ParenteBeard is an independent member of the Baker Tilly International network of auditing, accounting, tax and business advisory firms. With 145 partners in 24 offices, ParenteBeard clients have access to the global resources of 150 member firms in 120 countries.